LCI’s educational programme is shaped by four areas of interest:
- Learning for Mission.
- Learning for Discipleship.
- Learning in Context.
- Learning in the City.
1. Learning for Mission:
- Responding to contemporary events/concerns and the history of mission in Leeds.
- Learning from mission in the city.
- Exploring local and city wide concerns for mission.
- Training leaders in theory and practice of contextual mission.
2. Learning for Discipleship:
- Developing understandings of Christian believing and exploring its ethical concequences.
- Providing discipleship resources for groups and individuals.
- Making links with other faith traditions.
- Responding to recent theological publications.
3. Learning in Context:
- Exploring how context affects belief and practice, with particular reference to the urban context.
- Equipping local communities to ‘do theology’.
- Partnering with organisations and institutions that can improve our practice.
- Encouraging churches to learn from those doing contextual theology around the world.
4. Learning in the City:
- Analysing and reflecting on the current social, political and economic situation in Leeds.
- Promoting Christian Education among young people.
- Promoting education among those in the city who are socially, politically and economically excluded.
- Becoming an established provider within the educational ecology of Leeds and West Yorkshire.
Each year LCI will choose certain themes to focus its programme around.